In Stock ✓
| Brand new and factory sealed ✓
| Warranty: 2 Years ✓
Creek Evolution 50A V2 Integrated Amplifier
This new amplifier forms part of the next generation EVOLUTION 50 range of products. Housed in a slim case with engraved front panel and solid control knobs, it’s finished in either black or silver brushed aluminium. An ingenious new push button design has been developed for it, offering excellent tactile feel and backlit optical indication of usable functions for optimum user-friendliness.
This is Creek’s first product to feature an OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display. This white on black display provides higher clarity and resolution than a normal display. Brightness levels can be changed or the display made to turn off when not required, via the menu system.
At the heart of any good amplifier lies a good power supply; The EVOLUTION 50A uses a 200 Watt toroidal mains transformer with separate windings for high and low current analogue and digital circuitry. This solution produces a good power to weight ratio and low magnetic interference. Creek’s policy of paralleling several low impedance capacitors to create an ultra-high specification capacitor to smooth the DC also helps to produce a very powerful and accurate sound from such a relatively small amplifier.
Creek’s Senior Engineer – David Gamble – has much experience in the audio industry. He has developed a completely new bi-polar transistor power amplifier circuit especially for the EVOLUTION 50A with very high open-loop gain and low distortion. Featuring a pair of Sanken 15Amp power transistors, with built-in thermal compensation for rapid bias tracking performance, the Power Amplifier circuit has very low output impedance and can produce high output current. This combination will provide exceptional speed and control over most loudspeakers.
● Power Output >55 Watts into 8 Ohms
● Power Output >85 Watts into 4 Ohms
● Continuous Current >8.5 Amps (sine wave)
● Max Current >26 Amps, current burst into 0.5 Ohms
● Output Impedance <0.1 Ohms @ 1Khz
● THD < 0.005% 20Hz – 20Khz
● SNR >102dB
● Frequency Response 10Hz – 100KHz +/- 2dB Line
● Gain 33.3dB (x46) via power amp input
● Input Sensitivity 410mV
● Crosstalk -80dB at 1Khz
● DC Offest < ±10mV
● Slew Rate > 30 V per µS
● Pre-amp Inputs 5x RCA unbalanced – 1x Balanced XLR
● Power-amp Inputs Input 3 & 4via RCA or XLR
● Outputs 1 Pair
● Headphone output Dedicated low impedance amp (<50 Ohms)
● IR Bus Powered output for IR repeater
● Operating Voltages 110V/230V Switchable
● Consumption (at idle) <20 Watts
(at full power) 350 Watts
● Weight 7.5Kgs
● Dimensions 430x60x280mm W/H/D