Brand new and factory sealed.
Ships within the U.S. | Manufacturer's Warranty Included
Epos Elan 15 Standmount Loudspeakers (pair)
Elan 15 is the larger of the two bookshelf speakers in this new range. It has been designed to hold true to Epos’s purist principles of simple crossover, well-behaved drive units and clean understated aesthetics, yet deliver a ‘big-speaker’ performance. It has a larger cabinet and woofer cone than Elan 10 and, as a result, offers notable advantages in sensitivity, bass output and power handling. As you would expect, the Epos design philosophy delivers the very best sound quality and musical performance.
Epos has applied the finest wood veneers, for a high-quality finish. To minimize unwanted vibration and coloration, extensive horizontal and vertical internal bracing has been added to the sturdy 18mm MDF cabinets. For optimum performance, Elan 15 should be stand mounted. Epos make a stand to suite this and other Elan models.
Elan 15 with Grille
Elan 15 is supplied with an audiophile baffle with no visible fixing screws, grille-fixing holes or cloth. The baffle fits snugly around the tweeter and is gently contoured around the woofer. So, unlike a conventional grille frame, there are no obstructions or sharp edges to cause reflections and sound colorations.
For a more family-friendly appearance and improved protection, optional cloth-covered grilles are packed in the carton. It’s simplicity itself to change them over.
Epos has developed a new soft-dome tweeter. By using virtual-performance CAD simulation tools, Epos has achieved very high performance with a sound which combines clarity and smoothness, in equal measure.
The new tweeter has a low resonance frequency, high sensitivity and extended high frequency response. With its 25mm (one inch) doped-fabric dome, short horn, high-temperature Ferro-fluid cooled voice-coil, and shielded neodymium magnet, it is capable of high output levels for extended periods.
Epos has also developed a brand new 187mm bass/mid driver for the Elan 15. This is built on to an open-frame cast aluminium alloy chassis with a generously ventilated spider and vented magnet pole, to minimize colorations and distortions.
This bass/mid unit features a high-quality polypropylene cone and ‘bullet’-shaped dust cap. These form a stiff yet pliable, well-damped structure which retains its shape, even under high power, and help the woofer to produce a dynamic sound, with a very even frequency response and smooth roll off.
The woofer is loaded by a good-sized port, flared at both ends to reduce turbulence, to produce more deep, clean, detailed bass than expected from such a modest cabinet, coupled with a clear and smooth mid-range.
This medium-sized speaker is much more sensitive than you’d expect, making it suitable for use with a wide range of amplifiers, from as small as 20 watts to as large as 120 watts.
In typical Epos fashion, the Elan 15 crossover is as simple as we can make it: both the woofer and tweeter networks are 2nd order filters at 3.2 kHz. To ensure the highest sound quality, all the resistors are metal oxide, all the capacitors are high-quality polypropylene-foil dielectric, and internal wiring is solid core. Inductors are designed for low distortion even at high powers: air-core for the tweeter and an over-sized laminated-iron cored coil for the woofer. The input terminals are bi-wirable.
We paid great attention to every single minute detail during the design of the Elan 10, to give customers the best sound at the best price. It comes as no surprise that this elegant speaker will have you in awe from the first note. In addition to the astonishing bass power for its size, sound stage, depth and detail are truly exceptional, with a clarity that outshines the competition and many higher priced speakers.
This is a truly eye and ear-opening loudspeaker that will keep you enthralled listening to your favorite tracks for many years to come.
• Power Handling 120 Watts unclipped speech and music
• Frequency Range 47 Hz – 25 kHz
• Impedance 4 Ohm nominal
• Sensitivity 90dB / 2.83V@1m
• Amplifier Compatibility 20 – 120 Watts
• Positioning Not less than 10 cm (4”) from rear wall
• Tweeter Epos 25mm soft dome with high-temperature voice coil, ferrofluid cooling and neodymium magnet system.
• hassis, 25mm high-temperature voice coil and polypropylene cone.
• Magnetically shielded.
• Crossover Frequencies 3.2kHz
• Crossover Bass and tweeter networks both use 2nd order filters. Only metal oxide resistors and polypropylene film capacitors are used for optimum sound quality. The tweeter section has an air-cored inductor, and the woofer section features a large-core laminated-iron inductor for low distortion and high power handling, all to ensure the very highest sound quality.
• Terminal Panel Bi-wirable. Can be single or double wired by removing shorting links provided.
• Internal wiring Solid-core Audiophile grade copper cable
• Cabinet 18mm MDF wrap and front baffle, extensively braced internally
• Finish Cherry or Black Oak real-wood veneer
• Grilles Removable ‘audiophile’ grille fitted as standard, Alternative cloth-covered grilles are packed as accessories.
• Size HxWxD – mm / in. 415 x 210 x 280 / 16.4 x 8.3 x 11
• 8.8 kg / 19.4 lb per single speaker (net)
• 21 kg / 46.2 lb per carton (gross)
• One pair per carton.