Brand new and factory sealed.
M2Tech Vaughan High Resolution DAC
Highest quality digital-to-analog converter up to 384kHz/32bit from your PC or MAC, and from USB, I2S S/PDIF and AES/EBU.
Ultra low jitter oscillators and proprietary drivers. Time shift driving of multiple DAC IC's for improved sound quality.
Fully automated battery power supply. Remote control.
1) ULTRA LOW JITTER, LOW PHASE NOISE, HIGH STABILITY OSCILLATORS The Vaughan uses two custom oscillators with ultra-low phase noise (comparable to that of very expensive OCXO's) and very high precision. They are powered with ultra-low noise regulators to avoid phase noise increase.
2) PROPRIETARY DRIVERS. The standard audio drivers available on the market (e.g. Microsoft Windows operating system) dictated constraints can be overcome thanks to our proprietary drivers: they allow for transferring audio data, maintaining the original file quality without any loss of resolution quality; also, sampling frequency constraints are overcome, while Microsoft and ASIO drivers oblige to operate at no more than 96kHz. When Vaughan is used together with a player application such as FooBar (available for free on Internet), you can listen to your digital music at 384kHz/32bits maximum frequency/resolution, avoiding undesired PC or MAC audio mixer data processing during the data transfer from hard disk to interface. Presently, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 drivers are available, as well as Mac drivers for 10.6 and 10.7.
3) BATTERY POWER SUPPLY. The Vaughan features a sophisticated low noise power supply based on a high capacity, high surge current LiPo battery. A dedicated battery charger is managed by the system controller for a totally automatic charge management.
4) TIME SHIFT DRIVE. Four DAC IC's per channel used in mono mode are driven in a time shifting fashion to allow for an implicit low pass anti-alias filtering at analog buffer's inputs which uses no capacitors or other passive components.
• Digital input 1 x USB B type female, 1 x I2S RJ45, 2 x S/PDIF RCA female, 2 x S/PDIF 75 Ohms BNC female, 2 x • AES/EBU XLR female, 2 x optical Toslink, 2 x optical ST, 1 x external clock 75 Ohms BNC
• Analog output 2 x RCA female, 2 x XLR male, 1 x 6.35mm stereo jack (headphones)
• I/O Standard
• Input USB 2.0 Format, S/PDIF Stereo Digital Audio Format
• Sampling Frequency
44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4khZ, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz
• Resolution 16 up to 32 bit
• Output level 2.7Vrms (RCA), 5.4Vrms (XLR), 6.5Vrms (headphones)
• Output impedance 600 Ohms (XLR), 0,5 Ohm (RCA), 10 Ohms (headphones)
• THD + noise -114dB (@ 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz, A-weighted)
• SNR 128dB (@ 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz, A-weighted)
• Dimensions 45(d) x 9(h) x 45(w) cm
• Power Supply 90 to 265 VAC, 50-60 Hz
• Battery duration 4 hours
• Battery charge duration 4 hours
• Charge cycles up to 3000
• Temperature from 0°C to 60°C
• Weight 10kg approx.