Brand new and factory sealed.
Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge
The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Our philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound
The name 2M was selected from several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and remember, and therefore an alphanumerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofonĺs trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Blue Series features:
2m blue verso
an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV
Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
● Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 5,5 mV
● Channel balance at 1 kHz 1,5 dB
● Channel separation at 1 kHz 25 dB
● Channel separation at 15 kHz 15 dB
● Frequency range at - 3dB 20-25.000 Hz
● Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB
● Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force 80 Ám
● Compliance, dynamic, lateral 20 Ám/mN
● Stylus type Nude Elliptical
● Stylus tip radius r/R 8/18 Ám
● Tracking force range 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
● Tracking force, recommended 1,8 g (18 mN)
● Tracking angle 20░
● Internal impedance, DC resistance 1,3 kOhm
● Internal inductance 700 mH
● Recommended load resistance 47 kOhm
● Recommended load capacitance 150-300 pF
● Cartridge colour, body/stylus Black/Blue
● Cartridge weight 7.2 g