Ortofon 2M Black Cartridge
The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus – the same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Black is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
● Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 5 mV
● Channel balance at 1 kHz 1 dB
● Channel separation at 1 kHz 26 dB
● Channel separation at 15 kHz 15 dB
● Frequency range at - 3dB 20-31.000 Hz
● Frequency response 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
● Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force 80 µm
● Compliance, dynamic, lateral 22 µm/mN
● Stylus type Nude Shibata
● Stylus tip radius r/R 6/50 µm
● Tracking force range 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
● Tracking force, recommended 1,5 g (15 mN)
● Tracking angle 20°
● Internal impedance, DC resistance 1,2 kOhm
● Internal inductance 630 mH
● Recommended load resistance 47 kOhm
● Recommended load capacitance 150-300 pF
● Cartridge colour, body/stylus Black/Black
● Cartridge weight 7.2 g