Brand new and factory sealed.
Ortofon MC Quintet Black Cartridge
The Quintet Black is graced with a Nude Shibata diamond, considered one of the best stylus profiles available, mounted on a high-performance Boron cantilever. The Shibata’s slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the walls of the groove and ensures detailed and pure reproduction thoughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
The Quintet Black will be unfettered by musical genre and will give the closest approach within the Quintet series to Ortofon’s true accuracy in sound.
● Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 0.3 mV
● Channel balance at 1 kHz < 1.0 dB
● Channel separation at 1 kHz > 23 dB
● Channel separation at 15 kHz > 15 dB
● Frequency range at - 3dB 20 - 25.000 Hz
● Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz +/- 1.5 dB
● Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) 80 µm
● Compliance, dynamic, lateral 15 µm/mN
● Stylus type Nude Shibata on Boron cantilever
● Stylus tip radius r/R 6/50 µm
● Tracking force range 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN) Quintet SideBlack01
● Tracking force, recommended 2.3 g (23 mN)
● Tracking angle 20°
● Internal impedance, DC resistance 5 Ohm
● Recommended load impedance > 20 Ohm
● Cartridge body material ABS/Aluminium
● Coil wire material Aucurum
● Cartridge color Black
● Cartridge weight 9 g