Teac UD-501 Dual Monaural D/A Converter in Silver
TEAC's new UD-501 is the star of the 501 series. The UD-501 supports Direct Stream Digital (DSD) playback at either 2.8 MHz or 5.6MHz (DXD) rates. PCM audio is supported up to 384kHz/32-bit resolution. It connects to your computer over USB using ASIO 2.1 or DoP.
The output section of the UD-501 features two BurrBrown 32-bit DACs per channel and JRC MUSES op amps, also with a dual monaural design. Both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs are available to connect to your power amplifier. A toroidal-core power supply ensures top performance and clean transient playback, for quality that outperforms components five times its price.
Audiostream awarded the UD-501 their Greatest Bits award in a rave review, in which the reviewer "Debated delaying this review so I could [...] find something more, ah hem, critical to talk about." "The UD-501 invites you into each musical performance making it downright difficult to leave."
In Japan, the UD-501 has been awarded the VGP (Visual Grand Prix) Gold Award, one of the most famous in the Japanese AV equipment market. It was also awarded the AEx (Audio Excellence Award) and AEx Extra Award for pure audio equipments.
The two toroidal-core power transformers offer a stable current supply with energy-effcient operation. Using a pair of power transformers, one each for the left and right channel, ensures that current is delivered exclusively to each channel.
• Supports DSD 2.8 / 5.6 MHz playback (via USB)
• Supports PCM 32-bit / 384 kHz playback (via USB)
• Supports PCM 24-bit / 192 kHz playback (coaxial)
• Supports up to 24-bit / 96 kHz playback (optical)
• Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method
Exclusive driver software for Windows
• Standard driver software for Mac
• Asynchronous transfer mode
• Four selectable analog filters (playback USB, DSD)
• Three selectable digital filters (playback USB, PCM)
• Non-integral up-conversion to 192 kHz when input signal
is less than 192 kHz (On / Off selectable)
• Throughout dual monaural design from power transformer to output section
• Two toroidal-core power transformers
• Two BurrBrown PCM1795 DAC
• Four MUSES8920 operational amplifiers
• Parallel buffer for RCA output
• Power supply to the USB circuit is switchable
• Lineout circuit can be disabled when headphone is used
• Low power consumption (maximum 13W)
• Auto power saving mode (On/Off switchable)
• Display mode switchable (Show Up conversion mode and selected filter)
• Line out switchable (XLR or RCA)
• Polarity change on XLR (2=HOT or 3=Hot)
• Full metal body
• Organic EL display with dimmer
• One USB audio input
• Two optical inputs
• Two coaxial inputs
• One stereo RCA/XLR
• 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable