In Stock ✓ | Brand new and factory sealed ✓
Thorens TD 2015 Acrylic Turntable with Thorens TD92 Arm (no cartridge)
The new Acrylic-Series is stunning - not only from a visual point of view. Thanks to elaborate control circuitry, an extremely stable acrylic plinth and a heavy aluminium platter, the turntables are made to sound as exciting as they look.
The external motor unit of the Thorens Acrylic-Series was constructed in a way that there is no mechanical contact to the plinth, thus avoiding transfer of vibration. In addition, the entire turntable rests on special feet which effectively dampen all kinds of air-born or footfall vibrations and eventually ensure a continuous, undisturbed run of the platter.
The TP 92 tonearm, which was specially designed for Thorens turntables, uses an ultra-low-friction bearing and an innovative magnetic anti-bias system with zero stiction. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR (Reduced Modal Resonance) technology. The brass counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled, and the tonearm is so designed that its centre of gravity is level with the stylus.
• TD 2035: 33 mm acrylic plinth (sandwich construction), 6.0 kg platter
• New TP 92 tonearm
• New design of the chassis
• New exciting colours (TD 2035)
• Operation manual
• Drive System belt-drive (square belt around platter rim)
• Motor electronically controlled synchronous AC motor
• Speeds 33-1/3, 45 rpm
• Speed Select electronic
• Platter 12” / 6.0 kg (aluminium)
• Tonearm THORENS TP 92
• Pick-up Cartridge – No cartridge
• Anti-skating (Bias) by magnet (TP 92)
• Dimensions 420 x 140 x 330 mm (W x H x D)
• Weight 11.0 kg